Are you ready to embark on a transformative educational journey that will empower you to reach your academic goals?
While our College Prep Courses are primarily designed to help you meet the entry requirements for our programs, they are also open to all individuals seeking to enhance their professional skills and update their knowledge in specific areas. Choose from a selection of course options where you’ll have the opportunity to upgrade your foundational knowledge in subjects such as Math, English, Biology, and more. Our interactive classes led by experienced instructors foster a supportive learning environment where you can actively participate in discussions,
engage in hands-on activities, and apply your newfound knowledge.
Course Fee: $250/course + textbook fee (100% tuition discount available for those who qualify)
Duration: 40 hours (5 weeks)
Schedule: Mon & Wed or Tue & Thur (5:30 PM – 9:30 PM)
- ENGL 074 – Advanced English Grammar and Writing Fluency
- This course is designed to improve academic writing by focusing on sentence and paragraph length writing. It will include, but is not limited to, sentence fragments, misplaced and dangling modifiers, and faulty parallelism. Grammar will be studied and practiced. Advanced writing skills will be developed. Students will be expected to complete a significant amount of reading and writing outside of the classroom to meet the requirements of the course.
- ENGL 102 – English for Professional Purposes
- This course develops proficiency in various forms of writing, critical thinking and analysis, listening and speaking, and examination of various reading materials. A special focus is placed on reading and analyzing articles related to professional programs.
- MATH 101 – Foundation Mathematics for Professionals
- This course is for learners who require a refresher in key mathematical concepts – basic math skills, fractions, decimals, percentages, ratio and proportion, algebra, equations and problem-solving. Before starting this course, students will need to fully master basic arithmetic using a self-study booklet.
- BIO 103 – Human Biology Prep for Nurses
- This course focuses on the basic Biology knowledge and skills required by persons employed in a variety of health care contexts. These include a study of human systems such as the digestive, respiratory, and nervous systems. Additional topics may be covered as needed.
COMP 101 – Computer Skills and Online Learning.
This course develops technology skills used in online learning. It focuses on communicating in an online classroom and completing assignments using Office 365 software: Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Focus is also placed on improving typing speed and accuracy. (6-9 hours)
Course Fee: $100/course (100% tuition discount available for those who qualify)
Duration: 6-9 hours (3 weeks)
Schedule: Once a week (5:30pm -8:30pm)
- COMP 101 – Computer Skills and Online Learning
- This course develops technology skills used in online learning. It focuses on communicating in an online classroom and completing assignments using Office 365 software: Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Focus is also placed on improving typing speed and accuracy.
Course fees may be waived for those learners who have been conditionally accepted into a Columbia College professional program. Please contact an admission advisor for more information.
Private and small group tutoring is available. Please contact the College at 403-235-9300 for further details.
College Prep Upgrading falls under continuing education. Columbia College will award Certificates of Course Completion to those learners who successfully pass their courses.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes