Columbia College has a dental patient care clinic that is open to the public twice a year.
All dental services are provided by students in the Dental Assistant Professional Program, under the supervision of our dental staff and dentist. Students provide valuable services for patients including:
- teaching patients how to care for their teeth and gums
- dental x-rays (prescribed by the dentist)
- sealants to protect the teeth and desensitizing agents (prescribed by the dentist)
- suitable candidates may also be eligible for polishing (not a “cleaning”) and fluoride treatment.
- *scaling is NOT a service our students provide.
Our dentist also provides each patient with a brief letter outlining any dental concerns noted and x-rays exposed to take to a dental office for a complete dental examination and to have any required dental treatment completed. The services our students provide can save you hundreds of dollars in dental expenses!