Columbia College’s LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) program provides high-quality language instruction to newcomers in Canada. In our program, you will learn English skills and get to know about life in Canada. We will teach you about Canadian culture and how to communicate at home, work, and with different organizations
like schools, hospitals, and banks. These classes are also for Permanent Residents who want to learn English to become Canadian citizens. Upon completion of the LINC program, you may continue your education in the English as an Additional Language Program at Columbia College. We also offer professional programs for students who have achieved CLB 7 & 8, which can help you further develop your career.
- Full-Time Classes
- Full-time classes are scheduled from 9:30 – 2:30 Monday to Thursday and 9:30 – 12:00 noon on Fridays
- Attend for a minimum of 22.5 hours per week to be considered a full-time student.
- Part-Time Classes
- Evening part-time classes are scheduled Monday to Thursday 6:30 – 9:00 pm.
- Attend for a minimum of 5 hours per week to be considered a part-time student.
- We offer ongoing intake every Monday, providing you the flexibility to start your classes at any time. In case all seats are filled, you will be placed on a waiting list, and we will contact you as soon as a seat becomes available.
- Limited daycare seats for newcomer children (ages 12 months to 5 years) are available.
How to Register
- Please contact CLARC at 403-265-1576 to schedule an online or in-person English test.
- Call us at 403-235-9300 or drop in to find out about Columbia College’s LINC program.
- Register for classes at the College.
- Bring your landing papers.
- For students changing schools, certification of Benchmarks should be brought during registration.
- Help is available when filling out an application form.
- If there is a waitlist, your name will be added and the College will call you as soon as a seat is available in the classroom.
Location: #1200, 910 – 7th Avenue SW
Phone Number: 403-265-1120
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes