You spend a lot of time at work, so it’s important to find something that you love and where you can make a difference.
As an early childcare assistant you are in a position to help children grow and learn. It is an important role where you can change a child’s life.
Here are four reasons why working as an early childcare assistant is such a wonderful job.
1) Every day is Unique for an Early Childcare Assistant
No two days will be the same whether you work at a childcare centre, a school, or doing private child care. In a typical week, you could find yourself conducting a music class, telling and listening to stories, leading arts and crafts activities, and helping children to develop a variety of important skills. Not only will you be doing a range of duties, but you will also be dealing with children from all backgrounds, each with their own set of abilities, personalities, and needs.
Having a new set of challenges and possibilities like these every day helps early childcare assistants feel very rewarded in their job, rather than doing the same thing every day.
2) Go to Work Knowing That You Are Valued and Needed
It’s very good to know that others rely on you and appreciate your work. You’re an important part of the classroom, daycare facility, or home as an early childcare assistant. You bring all you’ve learned in your early childcare training as well as your own unique abilities to this job. It is not just the children who need your help, but also the teachers and other childcare professionals that you work with, so it is important to realize that you play an important, required, and respected role.
3) You Will Be Making a Difference
One of the most popular reasons people choose to become an early childcare assistant is to have a good and long-lasting influence in this role. Early childhood educators play an important role throughout some of the most formative years of a child’s life. You not only teach children vital skills and information, but you also help to steer their emotional, social, and intellectual growth, aiding them in reaching their full potential.
4) There’s Always Something New to Discover in Your Career
As an early childcare assistant, you will continue to grow and learn even after your get your certificate. Early childcare assistants will continue to improve their communication, planning, and observation abilities, as well as practice important values like patience, empathy, and compassion, thanks to the ever-changing set of problems and possibilities they face.
About the program at Columbia College:
- 12-month (48-week) program or an 8-month (32-week) program
- Upgrade your English and Math skills (48-week program only)
- Practice the nine key workplace skills (https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/essential-skills/profiles/guide.html)
- Study occupation specific vocabulary and modules to prepare for work
- Learn how to tailor your resume for specific job openings and how to conduct a successful job search
- An Employment Specialist will help you with job search coaching and assistance
- During 5 weeks of work experience, applying classroom information to real-life problems
- You can earn extra certificates in the following areas: Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and Standard Child Care First Aid CPR/AED Level B Here at Columbia College, we offer different programs and courses in various fields, whether it is the childcare assistant, healthcare, or human services. Despite the global pandemic, we are still providing education. If you’re looking to boost your education career and pursue a childcare assistant program in Calgary, AB, explore our programs, or get in touch with us today to see how we can help!